If you have files, documents, and books that are part of your move, then it’s important to make sure that you’ve got the right box for them as well as the necessary packing guidelines. As a long distance moving company, Isaac’s Moving and Storage recommends the following tips and pointers:
- Smaller boxes are better for heavier items. Whether you only have five books or fifty, rather pack them into smaller boxes. Books and files tend to be heavier than you would expect, so to make sure the boxes don’t break too easily, invest in smaller boxes. This way, the boxes will be full before they get too heavy.
- Use packing paper to protect files and books. Placing crumpled packing paper at the bottom of the box will ensure that your files, folders, and book covers don’t get dirty from dust or any other item that may have been in the moving boxes you are using.
- Consider the different sizes of the items. Books and files come in a variety of different sizes. You don’t want to play Jenga with your books, so group your items according to sizes and carefully place them into the boxes.
- If you are packing your books vertically, make sure that the spine is pointed downwards. Not only will you be able to fit more items into the box, but it will also help protect the books while they are being moved.
- If you have special books, such as first editions, collectors’ items or autographed books, then wrap each one individually with paper. Fill any extra space within the box with crumpled packing paper so that the books can’t move around too much.
- Use packing take and masking tape to seal the boxes after you have packed them.
Need a step-by-step guide? Check our instructional video on how to pack books and files here: https://youtu.be/-ShlQnC-Clw
Whether you’re in search of an affordable moving company, packing services or storage services, Isaac’s Moving can help you. Get in touch with our long distance moving company for more information today.