Are you moving to another country? Wow, that is so exciting! But with the excitement comes a certain amount of trepidation and feelings of nervousness. How do you organize such a momentous move? Where do you start? How do you start? We would suggest that you call an international moving company, such as Isaac’s Moving and Storage as soon as possible. They are experts in this kind of undertaking! They have numerous tips and pieces of sound advice from which you can start planning your move.
- Moving Overseas: Moving to another country, such as Israel, can be rather daunting:
- it requires using two moving companies, and
- complying with the regulations of the country.
An international move involves different people and processes. These people are each expert in their area and will help you every step of the way. International relocation advice will be available to you to help make your moving experience efficient and methodical from beginning to end.
- Facts About Israel:
- While the language spoken in Israel is mostly Hebrew and also Arabic, most of the population speak English. It will help to get some lessons before you move. Take lessons in Israel – this will be a good chance to socialize and meet people.
- Look into the health care system and taxes. This will ensure you know exactly what you are letting yourself in for.
- Remember that an Israeli working week runs from Sunday to Thursday.
- Israel has a diverse population of religious and secular sectors, make sure you are picking an area suited to your needs.
- Air or Sea: Most people moving internationally decide to move their goods by sea as it is the cheaper option, especially if you are moving an entire household with kids, dogs and perhaps a car. Your moving company will provide packing services so you will not have to do it all alone. They will arrange storage services should there be a delay at either end of the move.
- International Move: In a move to a country like Israel, you will be known as an “ex-pat”. This refers to someone who is not born in the country but living there, ostensibly, temporarily. The society in Israel is very Westernized, but you need to be aware that you are living in a country where the religion needs to be respected and treated with sensitivity.
- Important People Involved in Your Move: You are known as the ‘shipper’. As such, you will need to have a handle on everything. You are legally responsible for all the paperwork, insurance, and lists of the shipment, although the international shipping company will watch over and organize the entire event. They will also deal with all the other partners involved in the move. If you work with Isaac’s Moving and Storage, they will coordinate all the players along the route, and they will let you know what you have to pay for, and when you have to pay it.
- What to Watch Out for: Be careful of anyone who calls himself a ‘broker’ and convincingly tells you he will personally handle your overseas move. These individuals usually do not get all quotes up front leading to unnecessary surprises for you. Since brokers don’t actually do any of the work, they aren’t able to be fully responsible. Rather, use a reputable international company like Isaac’s Moving and Storage for peace of mind and a hassle-free move from start to finish.
Isaac’s Moving and Storage is the movers to choose for international moves as they are proud members of a number of international affiliates, proving their expertise and professionalism in handling these types of moves:
- IAM (International Association of Movers),
- FIDI (Federation of International Moving Companies)
- FAIM certified,
- RIM (Registered International Mover program),
- Worldwide ERC, and
- LACMA (Latin America & Caribbean International Movers Association).
Contact Isaac’s Moving and Storage today for your international move.